Cliff Gardner

Monday, August 15, 2005

Car talk

After driving to Salem to see Mandy yesterday, I feel like Lloyd in "Dumb and Dumber" shouting, "HEY! WE LANDED ON THE MOON!" A few things I've discovered about driving now that I do it a lot myself:

--Traffic sucks. At least it gave me a change to set the new record for bowling on my cell phone.

--Gas is expensive. I spent $30.00 to fill up, and I still had a 1/4 tank left. It's almost as if some old white man is rubbing his hands together somewhere.

--There are a lot of torn tires on the sides of highways. Why am I the only one concerned by this?

4 Comments:

  • I believe the tires come from semi-trucks, which is the reason why there are 18 wheels

    By Anonymous Briana, at 9:25 PM  

  • At first I was like ooooh expensive gas, good thing I'm not driving anymore (leaving the car behind when I go to New York of course). Then I realized that this means jet fuel costs more and plane tickets from LA to NYC get more expensive and this makes me sad. Let's smite the evil man rubbing his hands together.

    By Blogger Marie Ann, at 9:48 PM  

  • so what's the new high score on your cell phone bowling?

    By Anonymous Kiyomi b, at 11:26 PM  

  • Bri is totally right. They are actually called retreads. Tires are expensive, especially for ones that need to be big and a copious amount neccessary for travel. Truckers/Trucking companies save money by retreading old worn tires with a new layer of rubber. Unfortunately, those are bound by what amount to super strong thread that can break apart and send the rest of the tire off into the sunset (or at least side of the road).

    By Blogger RLayne, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home