Cliff Gardner

Friday, June 23, 2006

Two sports posts in one day!

I've blogged before about how much I love the Atlanta Braves. However, I haven't been talking about them a lot lately because there hasn't been a lot to talk about. They are in the midst of one of the worst rough patches in the history of the franchise, and although they snapped their ten-game losing streak tonight, their best pitcher, John Smoltz, was injured. I'm having a hard time figuring out how things could get worse for my boys, but I still believe in them! However, I will admit that this is an odd situation to be in as a Braves fan given that we've won 14 straight division titles, a record in any professional sport. When winning is all you know, losing is both easier and harder to deal with.

3 Comments:

  • When you get down about the Braves, just think you could be my team and that should cheer you up.

    We should play catch sometime and talk about baseball. After we do that for like 3 minutes, because that's all the baseball I know, we'll go play racquetball.

    By Blogger truax, at 11:27 PM  

  • I saw that. It's a shame.

    Ya know, 14 is one hell of a streak though. I still contend that it should have been the Dodgers, but have to admit that they're a great dynasty. ;o)

    By Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar, at 12:18 AM  

  • I appreciate that you follow one of the few sports that is of any interest to me. I would find it much harder to comment if these posts were about, say, football. And not the cool British kind.

    By Blogger haylie, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home