Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Five year plan

Bahai’s are big on five year plans, so I’ve decided that it is a good idea to have one too, but like Caroline and AshAttack, I really can’t settle on what that should entail, exactly. For a while I’ll teach some nice folks in Ukraine English, although I suspect I’ll learn as much from them as they’ll learn from me. However, that only covers two years…well, 27 months. Beyond that, I have several options.

First, I could decide to be a speech and debate coach/professor. I like forensics; it has always made me happy and I have this general policy that being happy is good. The folks over at Western Kentucky are totally awesome too, so I could check out their graduate programs.

Another option that I’m considering came out of the blue. I could become a professional rock-paper-scissors player. I mean, I’ve been kicking Jess’ ass for a while now but I didn’t know there was funding available.

Or, I could just choose another thing that I haven’t thought of yet and be totally happy. No matter what my five year plan entails, I’ve settled on this—I’ll make myself a good and happy person first and then let the rest of it just happen. I think I’ll be ok.

6 Comments:

  • A two-year plan isn't bad for someone your age... as long as you generally have the next couple of years figured out, I think you are doing fine!

    I have a feeling the Peace Corps experience will change your perspective and give you an idea about what you should do afterward...

    as for doing the grad work to coach debate.. ummm, yea.... of course, that is because I've been coaching for 10 years -- (cripes, 5 five-year-plans worth... ).

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 12:19 PM  

  • i don't know what city i'm going to be in tomorrow night. i have no clue where i'm living next year. shit, your five year (or at the very least, two year) plan is lookin' pretty responsible to me right now.

    By Blogger Cptn. Backfire, at 1:47 PM  

  • I know that what ever you put your mind to, you will do awesome at! God has blessed you with some wonderful talents and I know He will guide you to share them with others in a unique way. I do think you would make an amazing forensic coach but have you ever given any though to medicine...or public health?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

  • You have way to much practical thought. Just taking things one day at a time and adapting, like you have done, is the best thing you can do.

    By Blogger truax, at 7:03 AM  

  • Screw you! you have not been kicking my ass and RPS! you are damn dirty liar.

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 2:39 PM  

  • That's a GREAT plan... mine is to be in school.... since that's my plan forEVER! They'll never let me out!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home