Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Happy Flag Day! Don't worry, I didn't get you anything either

Tomorrow is National Flag Day! It sneaks up on me every year! Anyway, I plan on celebrating by doing one or more of the following:

--playing capture the flag, possibly while really smashed

--learning how to do that flag thing that folks used to do in high school from Kristen, an expert on the subject

--running a pair of my boxers up the flagpole like Budnick did on Salute Your Shorts

--rolling down my window and giving one of those construction worker flagger folks a tip

--getting a strawberry lemonade, not to commemorate Flag Day but just because they're tasty. Seriously, remember that time when you had a bad strawberry lemonade? ME EITHER!

5 Comments:

  • my mom's birthday is on flag day i used to pout as a child because my neighbors didn't put up flags on my birthday :-P

    i'm in onslaught, are you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 PM  

  • As someone who was a road construction flagger for a week, I can say that even waving and smiling at a flagger is nice... or handing them a cold bottle of water on a hot day... It is a shit job, my friend, but it does pay. I made 22 USD an hour and 33 during overtime. I should have sucked it up and done it again last summer to actually make money!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM  

  • Happy flag day to you too! I was shocked at how it'd ambushed me when I looked at my calendar this morning. Doesn't it seem a bit redundant to have two flag-waving holidays so close together?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 AM  

  • Ironically, on national flag day, I am decked out in a flag... just not the US flag - I am wearing Black, Red, and Gold... DEUTSCHLAND!!!! Anyway, Germany vs. Poland World Cup game... it's gonna be intense!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 AM  

  • My grandfather's birthday is on Flag Day.

    ALSO

    Thanks for not mentioning any REAL reason about flag day.

    By Blogger truax, at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home