Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes, we DID!

This is fantastic...I woke up at 5:30 this morning terrified that I hadn't heard anything about the election yet, and went outside to talk to my friend Greg so I wouldn't wake my sleeping host family. We talked for about a half hour while he was getting live updates on his computer, and every so often he would erupt with "they just called Pennsylvania!" or "they just called Ohio!" and all the while, I was watching the sun come up over the neighboring apartment buildings. That's the perfect analogy for an Obama win--the sun coming up after a long, cold night. Finally. I've never been prouder to be an American.

1 Comments:

  • It's a hard time to be out of the country but I feel the same way. Literally waking up to a new world, not knowing what was in store but seeing the sunrise as the much-anticipated and long-hoped-for sunrise of hope.

    I love you, Thomas - so happy you are headed home!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home