Cliff Gardner

Monday, August 29, 2005

I'm out of ideas

I've owned my car Yucca for about a month now and haven't washed her for two reasons:

1) I travel at least once a week to Salem in order to visit Mandy, and this means lots of highway miles. Since part of my frequent journey takes me through the outskirts of Forest Grove, I inevitably get stuck behind a hay truck for 20 miles on these trips, meaning that any efforts I spend washing Yucca will be undone the next time I visit my sweetie.

2) I live in Oregon. This means that it will eventually rain buckets and theoretically do my Yucca-washing for me. Unfortunately the downpour this morning disproved this theory and Yucca is still a dirty girl. *In the voice of Stewie from the "Emission Impossible" episode*

I'm out of ideas. How exactly does one get a car clean?

4 Comments:

  • Wash it, you silly goose! You've helped me wash my car before. Or you could always cheat and take it to a car-washing service.

    -Mandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 PM  

  • I employ my little sister - and pay her with little reminders about how she lost that purse I let her borrow... or scratched up my new BEP cd...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 PM  

  • Believe it or not, that the mysteries of car washing was once the topic of an article I wrote for my community college newspaper. Ok, so it was an anonymous farcical piece, but since we're all friends here, I think I'll share:

    Last Thursday, an unidentified UCC student was overheard expressing surprise that “Even though it rains, like, every day, my car is even dirtier than it was in September.” She then went on to say that the reason for this phenomenon is undoubtedly that the rain is dirty and thus cannot clean the car. The dirtiness of the rain she attributed to the high level of pollutants released into the air by “people who either don’t bath or who fart in public, or both.”

    Yeah, the joys of editorial control. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 PM  

  • My car turned from "freshly washed and waxed" blue to "I parked under a tree and then it rained" brown in the first 3 days of me being back in Eugene.I share your pain.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home