Cliff Gardner

Monday, October 24, 2005

That Would Rock: Volume Two

I think that everyone should have their own posse. To be fair, when I say posse I don’t mean it in the usual wild west or hip hop context. I mean it more along the lines of a small band of dedicated, cult-like followers. Everyone should get to be David Koresh without the issues. Consider how awesome it would be to have just one person who followed you around, nodding approvingly at your every word and uttering phrases like “and so it was, and so it shall be again.” If you were upset, you could take it out on them. For example, I’m guessing nothing would take the edge off a hard day like shouting “Jesus hates toe cleavage; you will BURN for this desecration” at your special friend. The best part is that you would look awesome by comparison! If you’re standing next to the dude quoting Watership Down and mumbling about how the Lord speaks to him through the metric system, you're automatically the lesser of two evils!

I’m just saying, THAT WOULD ROCK!

5 Comments:

  • Oh my god. Watership Down. That brings back sad childhood memories. All those poor rabbits...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

  • That sounds so awesome!!! Yes, I want one; where do I sign?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:06 PM  

  • I think I'd punch mine before the first day together was over. I don't know how YOU managed to survive this long! Ha ha ha, just kidding. I love you!
    --Mandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 PM  

  • But...would the posse get their own posse? Are they included in the 'everyone'? What kind of elitist caste system are you proposing here?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 PM  

  • I'll add to that...everyone should have their own theme music that plays when they walk into the room, like Hail to the Chief does for the President. My best friend and I decided long ago that when we had to to presentations together for work, Tal Bachman's "She's So High" should blare from the speakers.

    What would also rock would be for you and Mandy to be on this show: http://portland.craigslist.org/npo/106423858.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home