Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Look, this doesn't make me a bad person!

I have certain dislikes, and I don't think there's anything wrong with having preferences. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've blogged about this before, but it's worth another go around. Things I don't like:

--Pride and Prejudice, the book or the movie. Maybe it was the fact that my terrible eleventh grade English teacher was so pro-Austin and so anti-Steinbeck that forced my hand on this one, but even now, the thought of Mr. Darcey just makes me puke.

--Any Sugar Ray song. To me, they are the pop equivalent of Ashlee Simpson.

--The New York Mets, and their fans. I have yet to meet one of these folks who wasn't cocky and obnoxious for no good reason. If you're a Mets fan, I'm not saying your an asshole, I'm just saying you're in bad company.

--Shows that aren't on. Seriously, why take weeks off at a time in the middle of a season? I WANT MY WEST WING!

4 Comments:

  • I know I have been dying with out WW!! How can they just leave us hanging like that after the debate episode? Did you hear that this might be the last season, if it is I will be sufficently depressed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 AM  

  • "...they are the pop equivalent of Ashlee Simpson." Isn't that a bit like saying, "the Simpsons are the animated version of a very sataristic, animated family"?

    I, myself, am pro-Austin and pro-Steinbeck. However, I must say that I am not planning to watch the six hour version of "The Grapes of Wrath" anytime soon...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

  • I don't mind Pride and Prejudice so much as the Jane Austin overkill. It seems like someone's filming a big screen version of that book roughly every six months. Even Bollywood got on board with that one.

    By Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar, at 3:09 PM  

  • How could you not like Mr. Darcy?!Such that major Hottie! Movie OR book! Shhh.. I have a secret... I have a travel sized PandP with me that I take on all my trips!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home