Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Music...makes the people...come together!

-----UPDATE: When I wrote the title for the post, I guess I was a little off. Music doesn't always bring people together. Happy Turkey Day! Gobble Gobble!-----

Lots of my friends are either visiting their significant others now or are on their way, in many cases traveling great distances to do so. Taking a long flight to visit someone is obviously a great indicator of love, and few things exemplify that love more than a couple’s song. Mandy and I have “When You Come Back Down,” by Nickel Creek, although I sometimes sing Peter Frampton’s “Baby, I Love Your Way” to her (largely thanks to "High Fidelity").

This got me thinking…what’s your song? What other songs have you had when in relationships? Just remember that no matter how sappy your song is, you’re not at the bottom of the totem pole because I guarantee you that somewhere, there’s a couple who danced to the original "Hamster Dance" theme song at their wedding.

5 Comments:

  • Lady In Red.

    Ugh, it still makes me cringe to hear that song.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 PM  

  • There is a lot of music that makes me think of peoples and times in my life. songs from RENT especially, also Dire Straights, and yes - many techno bands. High School rocked.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 AM  

  • Our song is "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge- that's waht we danced to at our wedding. Our "backup song" is "I'll Cover You" from Rent. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

  • Ain't No Mountain High Enough, which sucks because sometimes I can't listen to it and I love that song so much.

    By Blogger Miss B, at 4:25 PM  

  • "Only One" - yellowcard

    it's such a sad song too - *sigh*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home