Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Addiction!

So, I broke my straight edge while in Florida. And by straight edge I mean my abstinence from caffeine. I had been off the wagon (or on the wagon, whatever) for eight months or so, but when I was staying with my brother in Tampa, my finicky eating habits caught up with me. See, the last time Sandy, Matt’s wife, had seen me, I was a Pepsi fiend, drinking about four cans a day, so to be a nice host, she went out and bought a bunch. I chose being a good houseguest over avoiding the charms of the dragon and drank a lot of it. Now, whenever I see Pepsi, I really want it. Oh well.

Still, it could be worse. My eccentric aunt Fabian has a different take on addiction—it is hilarious! Case in point: her dog muffin. Rather than giving her a treat when she does something good, she gives her a cigarette butt to chew on. The nicotine in them has Muffin so messed up that she gets really pissed off am chews up the furniture without at least three butts a day. So, since I have yet to chew on the kitchen table, I'm considering my addiction minor.

7 Comments:

  • I guess it could be worse - you could be drinking Tab.

    Or your middle name could be Elizabeth.

    Or your diet could consist of ravioli, pop-tarts, and candy. Oh, wait...

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 11:32 AM  

  • what is this about a dragon??

    By Blogger Ashley, at 12:47 PM  

  • Welcome back T-Mac! Sorry you broke you streak, but you were real sweet none the less.

    By Blogger truax, at 3:41 PM  

  • That is definitely one way to look at it! I'm glad that you got the opportunity to see your friends and family in Florida though.
    --Mandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  

  • There is something deeply wrong with that story, and yet, still funny

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

  • Thanks for your recent comments- they have been encouraging- all Glory to God! You mentioned Ridvan, are you Bahai? If so I did not know that. A good friend of mine is doing research on the faith and I know a little Hope all is well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 PM  

  • wow.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home