Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Can your inner child come out and play?!

That sound you're hearing coming from the direction of Florida is my biological clock ticking loudly. After a really fun speech nationals that I will discuss in a later post, I am hanging out in Florida for a few days visiting friends and family. The first stop is in Tampa, where my brother Mathew, his wife Sandy and their two amazing children, Romina and Michael, live.

Today I went to Romina's preschool. Since she's 4 1/2, she's just learning to read, so I got her a book about Easter and we read it together in class. She made me a card to say thank you, but since she doesn't really know a lot of words yet, she just wrote all the words she is familiar with, and the card consequently reads "LOVE THOMAS, PAPA MAMA ROMINA HORSE!" She's seriously the cutest little kid in the world!

Her little 15 month old brother Michael (whom we call Mikey) is just as precious. I got him a little Florida Gators football and it was a big hit. I mean that literally because he threw it and hit me in the face both before and after giving me repeated hugs and yelling "Tio Tom!" Oh, this is probably also a good time to mention that since Sandy is from Ecuador, both Romina and Mikey are already more bilingual than I am.

The plans for the evening include playing baseball and running with Mathew and kissing my niece and nephew good night. My life is really awesome. As Romina told me today, "I LOVE YOU! Hugs are fun and so is Jesus and so is mama and papa and so are you!" :-)

6 Comments:

  • That is so cute! Little kids are so precious. It's good to be an aunt or uncle because you can see all the cute stuff and give them back to the 'rents when they get annoying :)
    --Mandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 PM  

  • ADORABLE. Adorable.

    I had no idea you had a brother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 PM  

  • That B- really got you a long way, didn't it T-Mac. Glad you're having fun! Don't remember to subtract three...

    By Blogger truax, at 12:22 AM  

  • oh man oh man oh man they sound so adorable! you better take lots of pictures! also have fun playing baseball! :)

    By Blogger Ashley, at 2:13 PM  

  • Jesus IS fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

  • Since this is your blog it seems safely distant enough to post this with out freaking out all potential suitors. I can totally relate. My clock has been ticking recently. I've been babysitting my cousins (4 and 1) and i always come home thinking I want some. I think in the mean time I will settle for a graduation puppy as a present to myself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home