Cliff Gardner

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Dancing with death

The day before they murdered 3,000 people, the 9/11 hijackers indulged in very carnal pleasures they claimed were the clearest examples of how evil America was--they went to a strip club in Manhattan and got several lapdances each while drinking lots of alcohol. While I'll never understand what drives someone to such an extreme degree of religious fanaticism, what I've wondered about more than the mental state of the hijackers is the mindset of the strippers since the attack. What must it feel like to have grinded against the men who killed your friends and family? Do they get some sense of celebrity out of it, like going to high school with a kid who ended up being a serial killer? At least Eva Braun new what she was getting in to. That's not a perfect analogy, but you get what I mean.

Sorry, this isn't really a fun or entertaining post, just something I've thought about before that I thought I would share. Today I starred in a movie at David's film school and am really looking forward to West Wing tonight. Tomorrow David is driving me to Orlando (a 6 hour trip, he's a trooper) so I can catch my flight back to PDX. This trip has been awesome!

2 Comments:

  • Fly safe and no lap dances...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 PM  

  • I'm so happy you're having a great time. That seems to be all I can say, cause that's all I think when I read your posts. Other than: Damn. I wish I were there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home