Cliff Gardner

Friday, May 26, 2006

The Iceman from Top Gun was way cooler

Tiff and I went to the midnight showing of X-3. Every 14 year old in three counties showed up, making it more entertaining than it would have been otherwise. As for the movie itself, let me put it this way: ever wonder if you could be a screenwriter but don’t think you have the creativity or ability to avoid melodramatic cliché garbage and pointless profanity to make it in Hollywood? HAVE NO FEAR! Somewhere right now Brett Ratner is looking for someone to write “Little Nicky Two” and you’re perfect for the job! Now I know what you’re thinking Ashley Pinedo. You’re thinking “that’s what you get for seeing a movie based off of a comic book. Loser.” Well maybe you’re right. Still, the dialogue was terrible even for a Marvel movie—Daredevil was a Sports Night episode by comparison.

Aside from that, the part where Wolverine stabbed that dude was pretty awesome.

4 Comments:

  • So, is this the pro-mutant movie with Dr. Frasier Crane? And it was lame? Weird.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 9:10 AM  

  • "It’s not that [Marvel] movies have gratuitous sex and
    gratuitous violence. It’s that they suck. They’re terrible. But people go to see them
    because they have gratuitous sex and gratuitous violence. Now, if we could just get
    people to stop going to see crappy movies, Posner would stop making them. I promise you."

    By Blogger truax, at 9:35 AM  

  • hm. weird.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 1:03 PM  

  • OK, so I used to think comic book movies were ridiculous but the X-Men franchise made me change my thoughts because the first two, comic book or not, were pretty darn good films. I never read comics but I was totally in touch with the writing and the stories of the first films. I've read, tragically, that this third installment is a disaster--the Godfather Part III of sorts. But I'm going to see it tonight anyway, preparing to have my rose colored perspective on comic book movies painted black yet again. What do you think about the underlying gay rights theme of the movie?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home