Cliff Gardner

Friday, May 19, 2006

Take care of your teeth and they'll take care of you...or waste your time, apparently

I went to the dentist recently and had the following one sided exchange with two hands in my mouth:

Dentist: Wow, you have really good oral hygiene.

Me (thinking):
Yea, I know. After years of drinking four Pepsi’s a day and getting scolded during my annual visits, I had enough. Now I’m an oral hygiene zealot.

Dentist: I’m just going to shoot this laser into this tooth back here to determine if it’s rotting from the inside or not. We should be concerned about any reading over 90….wow, you’re at 12. Nice work!

Me: Ooouuu!

Dentist: That about does it, Thomas! I’m still going to schedule an appointment for you to put a sealant on that thing, though.

Me (thinking):
God damn it.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home