Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

GREMLINS! Oh, sorry...what is Gremlins?!

Remember that time I used my extensive knowledge of popular culture to win concert tickets that I eventually gave to my sister? Well, it turns out that there is more funding available for useless knowledge than I was aware of. I was channel surfing yesterday and I came across this show on VH1 where teams of folks compete in pop culture knowledge jeopardy competitions. I was kicking ass! You all should have seen me, I was shouting “ROBOCOP!” and “POLICE ACADEMY!” from my couch like there was no tomorrow. Granted, I did hit a bit of a lull when the category switched from movies to music and I confused Milli Vanilli with Vanilla Ice, but before then, I was the pop culture Ken Jennings.

3 Comments:

  • We have got to get you on a TV show to show your knowledge!

    By Blogger truax, at 11:15 AM  

  • My Mom was bugging the shit out of me to try out for that. They even had testing/tryouts/preliminaries in LA, but I couldn't find anybody who is my equal as a pop culture savant.

    That show was pissing me off, too, becuase I was all over that shit, man...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • I'm glad your special knowledge is coming in handy...since it is wasted in class. What's wrong with these students?? I'm grieving that I can't use my Seinfeld examples to illustrate points...

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home