Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I am not ashamed of the Atlanta Braves

This article chronicles the recent slide of the Atlanta Braves, the team I love more than any other in professional sports. ESPN.com even has a picture of several Braves fans with paper bags over their heads in shame during a recent loss. I refuse to be ashamed. Fourteen straight division titles have made me learn to never, ever question Bobby Cox and the rest of the Atlanta bunch, so it should be noted that no true Braves fan has given up on this season yet. However, should our run of success that is unmatched in any professional sport come to an end this year, I will hold me head up high. I am proud of these guys, and they've earned nothing less than the admiration and respect of baseball fans and sportswriters everywhere. And hey, if we don't win the division title this year, I might even cry a little, but at least I've got a lot of division title banners to dry my tears. :-)

3 Comments:

  • There are only three sporting events I would like to follow closely (not that I actually, you know, do): The World Cup, the Olympics, and Quidditch.

    By Blogger haylie, at 12:14 AM  

  • Just like you willing the home run to left center field, you'll will them to their 15th title because you didn't wear the bag.

    By Blogger truax, at 12:46 AM  

  • Yeah, well the Angels just swept the M's and are three games out of the lead with a series of four at Oakland before the all-star break.

    We're back in the hunt, baby!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home