Cliff Gardner

Friday, October 19, 2007

Not missing much!

Though I'm pulling for the Sox, it's looking more and more like an Indians-Rockies World Series, which is perfect because, as my friend Mike put it, this is the best possible year to be away from sports. Between the Cavs/Spurs NBA Finals, the Bears/Colts Superbowl, the Creighton/Pt. Loma NPDA Finals, and now THIS likely World Series?! I'm really glad I was here to avoid all of that. Now all I need is #7 Oregon to have a terrible 2nd half of the year and miss the BCS and I'll have dodged any memorable event.

4 Comments:

  • Funny you mention sports - I was just thinking about when I filled in on yours and Masa's 3-man basketball team - and since I was the tallest guy, my job was to rebound.

    During the game, you said something to the effect of, "Sam, when you go for a rebound, don't just hit the ball - try to actually get it." That was really helpful. I can't remember if we won, but we had cool socks with stripes. (I tend to remember the important things.)

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 10:49 PM  

  • Don't forget hometown boy Greg Oden messing up his knee!

    By Blogger Matt, at 7:56 AM  

  • I don't really watch sports, but you do, so I will care by association. Actaully, I just wanted to say that I was thinking of you and hope you have a fantastic Halloween. Bring the American culture!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM  

  • so i have no idea how oregon ended up in the bcs (actually, wait, let me check my trusty bowl schedule...) oooh, sun bowl. i'm sorry? but can i just say, it's a great year to be a jayhawk! we're in the flipping orange bowl! We've never been in a bcs or january bowl ever. and we beat mizzou out of a bcs game. hehe. ok just thought i had to share. and say hi. because i kind of fell off the blog planet for a good year. and i think i might come back.

    By Blogger Miss B, at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home