Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Laundry!

I recently made the best investment ever...for 30 Griven a month, a really nice woman in the apartment complex across from mine will be doing my laundry. As I discovered yesterday when I got my first load back, "doing my laundry" also includes ironing and mending--the woman sewed up the holes in my socks--so for the equivalent of six dollars a month, I will never have to wash clothes again in Ukraine. Meanwhile, lots of other PCV's have to hand-wash their clothes. Jessica, for example, is pretty much always in some stage of a load of laundry because she has to hand wash and dry them--she spends HOURS a week doing this, and if you've ever wrung-out a pair of soaked jeans, you know it's not easy work. Not that I would, or ever will, know what that's like, but still, I imagine it's awful! Anyway, I dodged all of that and I'm happy as a clam! Hope all is well with you all!

1 Comments:

  • Cool - now if you can just find someone to fix your meals, you'll be set. Well, I guess pushing "start" on the microwave isn't that difficult.

    AND, did Yulia T win the election?

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home