Cliff Gardner

Monday, October 10, 2005

Celebrate good times!

Last weekend, my team and I attended the Lewis and Clark speech and debate tournament. Over half of our entries made finals in their events, and most of the rest were next-out into finals, or close to it. The highlights include:

--Comfort, a senior from Nigeria, winning both novice persuasion and novice prose in her first tournament ever! She’s soooo adorable, too, so it was great to see her do so well.

--Jess and Tiffanie taking 1st and 3rd in ADS. I’m really proud of them!

--Hallie making finals in very competitive open prose and poetry fields.

--Mark making finals in junior extemp and Jared being next-out in open extemp.

--Emily getting 2nd in impromptu and breaking in debate! YAY!

There’s just so much positive energy on this team…everyone is friendly and supportive all the time, and is very dedicated to learning, having fun, and getting better. I really, really love my job and my team!

6 Comments:

  • AW! That sounds so fun! I had no idea it was so competitive, but I'm glad all your little one's did good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • yay for loving your job! I hope mine turns out fun too :o)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM  

  • You should be very proud of yourself, my friend. You and Sam have done wonders.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

  • That's great. Good job, bud.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 PM  

  • You guys did great the the LC tournament! I look forward to the strong competition that your coaching is providing this year.

    By Blogger Amy, at 12:11 PM  

  • I wish I was on a team like yours. Maybe more for the "personal attention," but whatever. :)
    -Mandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home