Cliff Gardner

Thursday, October 06, 2005

History of Violence

Last night I went to see “A History of Violence” and I must say I was very impressed. If you like unapologetic character dramas, this movie is for you. However, I also came to a few conclusions while watching the film:

1) The average moviegoer is a complete fucking moron.
Seriously, if you can’t handle a movie that challenges you to think, go watch “House of Wax” instead of trivializing a solid film with your constant, idiotic banter.

2) The average moviegoer is (or acts like they are) 12 years old.
Oh my God! They’re having sex! Giggle giggle giggle! Let’s nervously laugh about it! Damn it, people, isn’t it past your bed time?

This is why I want to own my own theatre someday—just to avoid assholes like these.

4 Comments:

  • So, are you going to regulate those who come to your theater with a questionaire or something? Or is this movie theater just for you and me? Either way, I like it :)
    --Mandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 PM  

  • Just as long as you have junior mints.

    RYC: It's a feature story/profile that I'm using for a Journalism class this term but that I'm going to try and sell to a mag; Ryan O. is doing an accompanying photo essay.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

  • Hey! I want to come to the theater too! I promise only witty comments and no embarrassed giggling. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

  • not to be me, but - yeah, totally!

    Megan and I had this conversation a little while ago, and decided that, if we are ever really rich, we don't need a $60,000 car or a boat or a mansion, but a really nice digital projector in a room that seats all your friends wouldn't be half bad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home