Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas with the Kranks

Last weekend my family and I had our annual Christmas get together. The comedic highlight of the evening came about ten seconds after I walked in the door when my Grandmother and I had the following exchange:

Me: Happy Holidays!

Grandma: WHAT? We say Merry Christmas in this house.

Me: *silence*

Grandma: Why are you making that face? Do you have to sneeze?

Me: No, I’m fine. Let’s eat some pie and open some presents!

Yup. That pretty much sums up the relationship I have with my family.

4 Comments:

  • Refer to post on 'Holidays' vs. 'Christmas'.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

  • Religion and family. Sigh. Been there, done that, got kicked out of the house for three days, and then welcomed back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:12 PM  

  • Oh, that rings so painfully true. Family.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 PM  

  • lol, we just always let my family think we celebrated christmas. It wasn't worth the trouble to explain to them every year that we didn't. and just forget trying to pronounce ayyam-i-ha. HAHA!

    By Blogger Miss B, at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home