Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A discussion about faith

Editor's note: I sometimes embellish the details of stories to make them more entertaining. However, the following exchange is entirely accurate. I swear to Baha'u'llah.

Me: I think I might be Baha'i. I went to this really cool Devotional Program tonight and liked it a lot and really want to learn more abou--

Dad: Does this mean that you're going to be one of those people at the airport wearing orange sheets?

Mom: Yea, those Bonzi people are weird.

Me: Look, I can't really criticize you for having no knowledge whatsoever of the Baha'i Faith because up until a month ago I didn't either, but still...you have no knowledge whatsoever about the Baha'i Faith.

Dad: Whatever, I'm gonna go watch Madagascar.

4 Comments:

  • Zounds! Accurate!

    I like your parents.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

  • There is a similar dialogue on a Woddy Allen film.
    I also have nice parents.

    By Blogger Marco Oliveira, at 2:11 AM  

  • Heck yes, Madagascar!

    Make sure you have all the facts before you pledge allegience to this new faith. There's always more then meets the eye. :) Have fun with whatever you choose!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 AM  

  • So, your mom didn't drop the F-bomb during this conversation? Too bad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home