Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

That Would Rock: Volume Seven

OH BOY! Just when you thought this series was as dead as the political career of John Hoynes, it comes back!

So, I was in Blockbuster today and noticed that they still rent VHS tapes. Who are these people who think this is a good idea? Are there honestly folks out there who say, "hey...I want a dull picture and shitty sound. I think I'll get VHS4LIFE tattoo while I'm at it!" Whenever I'm watching a movie on VHS, I constantly check my cell phone because I've been Pavlovianly conditioned to expect it to ring whenever there's static on the screen. I think all of the machines that make new VHS tapes should be loaded into a rocket and fired into the sun. Hey, if you haven't invested in a laptop or DVD player by now, I have no sympathy for you.

I'm just saying, THAT WOULD ROCK!

6 Comments:

  • I want to be the person shooting the VHS tape machines out of the rocket launchers.

    Because that would just be cool...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

  • Hey now... our DVD player broke a while ago, and I am very very very grateful that they are still making VHS copies of movies.

    Then again, I can't watch Firefly without a DVD player...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

  • you know, some people can't afford DVD players or computers. I understand the point, but there is another side to the story.

    By Blogger Miss B, at 10:51 AM  

  • Yeah, your right. Poor people shouldn't have the luxury of renting a movie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

  • I like VHS because I get to watch Chipmunk Adventures. But that's just me :)

    -Mandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 PM  

  • all of my home videos from my childhood are played on VHS. i don't have the time or the know how to transfer them to DVD. i would be really sad if i lost my VCR and i didn't get to watch my 4 year old self kick my older brothers ass on a weekely basis.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home