Cliff Gardner

Sunday, December 25, 2005

What the hell are you so happy about? It’s Christmas!

Given that it’s Christmas, I am, of course, really depressed. Between fucking up the LSAT, Mandy going to China for two weeks, there being no internet access at my house and having nothing at all to do for the next week but hang out with my family (whom I love but don’t like that much), I’m a sad panda.

So, let’s make a list of things I do well to cheer me up:

--blogging (the post excluded). It turns out I am the plague rat of blogging because I’ve brought it with me to Pacific and encouraged my friend/boss Sam to start his own. He’s awesome, everyone go check it out.

--coaching forensics. I think I’m good at this but I’m really not sure...I could have been sucking this whole time. You’ll have to ask my students on this one. I know I want to be good at this because I love forensics and my students more than just about anything.

--being in a relationship. I’ll never understand people who are afraid of commitment or don’t communicate in relationships. These things are easy for me, most of the time. Plus, I’m a good snuggler. If you give 10% in a relationship, I’ll give the other 90%.

--playing poker. I’m getting better, although I’m not quite at the stage where I want to play with real money.

There, I feel better...kind of.

4 Comments:

  • Thom, you are like a pocket optimist or Pacific's version of the candy man..."Who can take a sunrise? / (Who can take a sunrise?) / Sprinkle it with dew / Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two..." "We don't need a plan, we need a miracle."

    Basically.

    By Anonymous T-Funny, at 9:19 PM  

  • Merry Holiday! I'm having a get together/game-watch of the Oregon game on the 29th if you want to come by. It's kind of a potluck, so feel free to bring edibles. The game is at 8. I won't have email from the 27th until the game but I will have my cell.

    By Anonymous Amy Sample, at 10:17 PM  

  • You are awesome at so many things, buddy! Add "Competing at Forensics" and "Being an all around good guy" to your list.

    By Anonymous Sharl, at 1:08 AM  

  • I'm going to agree with the "all-around good guy" nomination. You make people feel better about themselves and life by simply knowing them.

    Happy holidays, my friend.

    By Anonymous zayne, at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home