Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Debaters Can’t Jump: Volume Two

I’m exhausted, but we won.

Tonight Sam, Josh and I played a team of four short, fast dudes who played dirty (Sam got hacked consistently). Again, we only had three players so we were running on fumes towards the end, but we gutted it out. We won the first game after I hit the winning deep shot (a theme for the game—I was shooting really well) and lost the second game after being up big.

Their fastest player also had a really good quick-release jumper that just killed us, so for the third game, I said that I would take him and shut him down, and I did, holding him to only about half a dozen points. Despite that, we still trailed by four mid-way through the game, but rallied to win on a deep, off balance shot by me off a great screen by Josh, who played solid throughout and was a monster on the boards. Sam also had a great game. He played hard and hit some key shots down the stretch that helped a ton.

The final scores were 21-16, 18-21, 21-18. We are now 1-2, but it’s worth mentioning that this is the first game the forensics team has ever won.

3 Comments:

  • Dude, T-Mac that's so fricken cool. Maybe I should have Sam sub in more often. Sam, what ya think?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 AM  

  • no arguments from this corner. . .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

  • While I enjoyed playing a bunch of short guys with you, I can't claim that I had a great game. You and Josh are aweso!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home