Cliff Gardner

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The truth is out there

Last weekend I was at NPTE and something very funny happened. While I was washing my hands in a bathroom, another tournament participant was using a urinal and his cell phone rang. What I found hilarious about this was that his ring tone was “The X-Files” theme song. To make matters worse, he couldn’t answer the phone to end his embarrassment because he was using the urinal. Once the whole re-affirming every stereotype about debaters in the universe hilarity passed, I got to thinking. What would be a more embarrassing cell phone ring tone in a situation like that? I’ve come up with some ideas, but feel free to contribute your own.

--Shake Your Bon Bon! By the way, if Mark Truax had a theme song, I think this would be it.

--Lady Marmalade.

--Chip and Dale’s Rescue Rangers theme…no, that one is actually awesome, never mind.

7 Comments:

  • 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 8:41 PM  

  • Chumbawumba - Tub Thumper

    "Pissing the niiiiight awaaaaaay."

    By Blogger Matt, at 8:59 PM  

  • Any Toby Keith song.

    Any "American Idol" song.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

  • "Raindrops keep falling on my head"
    or anything else sufficiently peppy. You should make an honorary post for the best answer.

    By Blogger haylie, at 7:24 AM  

  • How about when my gram got one of those phones that actually plays the song as a ring tone, and I changed it to Beyonce's "Tonight, I'll be your Naughty Girl!" And the funny thing was that she wasn't techno- savy enough to change it to something else. The final emmbarasment came in the grocery store, and she actually asked the person who was giving her funny looks in the canned food isle to change the ringer. now its some crazy country music song..ahhh gram

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 11:56 AM  

  • No matter how bad the situation you always manage to cheer me up!

    You rock T-Mac

    By Blogger truax, at 12:59 PM  

  • My Love will go on- Celine Dion

    On the other hand, Eye of the Tiger would be just plain awesome. My fellow intern has eye of the tiger as his ring tone, and we have some funny stories related to that song :)

    By Blogger Miss B, at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home