Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Guess my height and weight!

Which of the following options best describes me?

A) 5’9’’ and 135 pounds

B) 5’7’’ and 120 pounds

C) 5’6’’ and 117 pounds

D) 5’6’’ and 132 pounds

If you selected A, I am flattered. One day, Baha'ullah willing, one last growth spurt will put me there.

If you chose B, you must not have seen me since I ran the Portland Marathon in 2004. A lot’s happened to me since then; we should get together and catch up. Do you play racquetball? I’m free most Fridays.

If you picked C, you must think that my dynamic personality and charm is just my way of compensating for me being the size of a cabbage patch doll…sooo, thanks?

If you picked D, you’re right! After two weeks eating fast food in Florida and not running at all, I’ve ballooned up to a personal high of 132 pounds. This might not seem like a lot, but given that I’ve been between 115 and 120 for the last four years, it is sort of a big deal, pun intended, to me. Don’t worry, though, the Portland Dualathon (5K run, 25K bike, 5K run) that AshAttack and Jess and I are doing together is just around the corner so I’ll be back to my thin little self in no time!

4 Comments:

  • I guessed C. It really was a trick question, you know. I've really only seen you running.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 PM  

  • i have no concept of height or weight in numbers....

    and i haven't signed a contract on this dualathon business!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 1:29 AM  

  • Hey - this is kinda like the Even Steven episode of Seinfeld - where one friend is down and the other is up. In this case, I'm down five pounds in the last few months, and you're up 5 or 30 pounds. Keep up the good work!!

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 9:19 AM  

  • Dude, what I would kill to have that weight once again. You'll train for the race and be right back we're you've been. Nothing to worry about...well except employment.

    By Blogger truax, at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home