Cliff Gardner

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Now I remember why I hated living in the dorms

I spent last night in Mathews, a residence hall at Willamette, and it brought back a lot of memories. Now I’m sure some folks enjoy the experience of dorm life but I’ve honestly never been one of them. There’s just something about having no privacy, being surrounded by obnoxious tools and showering in a stall that I find unsettling. When I lived in the dorms, I could count on a urinal being filled with vomit at least once a month and not being able to sleep because my German exchange student neighbor decided to listen to his David Hasselhoff CD at 3 in the morning, again. I’m just saying that by pretty much every standard, University Apartments and living off-campus is preferable to dorm life.

7 Comments:

  • What if it is free?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 PM  

  • I watched about an hour of Homestar Runner today at work with a coworker. It felt like being in the dorms and skipping class. I should have played some snood...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 AM  

  • I agree with Tiff! And it's not all bad. You don't have to do the cleaning of the bathrooms or anything, just your room; your own filth.

    By Blogger truax, at 10:15 AM  

  • Dorm life can be a very different experience for people. I loved my first year of dorm life, but the second year when I was an RTA (basically responsible for peoples' computer problems in the dorm), I hated it because I was surrounded by obnoxious first years that didn't know what quiet meant during finals week. I almost went out with a hockey stick on several occasions.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 PM  

  • yeah, free is definitely awesome.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 9:17 PM  

  • What? David Hasselhoff has a CD?

    (NOTE: He was great in the Sponge Bob movie)

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 7:42 AM  

  • HAHAHAHHA! Dorms suck... But having a;; the wild sex that somes with dorm life is priceless

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home