Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Diversity today

This is one of those stories that starts with my crappy hand writing. See, back when I was applying for college, perhaps when I took the SAT or applied for some scholarship, I had to sign my name. Since my signature is really bad, sometimes the "Th" part of my name can seem like just a big "R" to some folks who haven't learned to read my bizarre chicken scratches. The result was that I got two copies of everything--applications, financial aid forms, brochures, etc--one addressed to Thomas McCloskey and one addressed to my sexy Latin twin, Romas McCloskey. I guess that's one way to increase the frustratingly low numbers of minority students who attend Willamette.

4 Comments:

  • Yeah, maybe you can get a raise for being a minority...

    By Blogger Laura, at 10:14 PM  

  • Are they pulling your name from the "name" line and the "signature" line?

    By Blogger truax, at 10:40 PM  

  • Mark--signature line, I assume...I can't imagine that I filled in a bubble wrong someplace, although that would explain my really low SAT score. :-)

    By Blogger T-Mac, at 7:18 AM  

  • Ok so I can I meet Romas? He sounds crazy cool!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home