Cliff Gardner

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Running on empty

I ran 30.6 total miles this week, a personal record.

A few things are worth mentioning about this. First, this really puts the Portland Marathon I ran a few years back into perspective for me. That was 26.2 miles, in about four hours. So, I basically did a really great week of running in an afternoon. No wonder I was wiped out after that one!

Second, I managed to run over 30 miles during one of the hottest stretches I can recall in Oregon. This meant that I had to get up really early and run or get my miles in at night, or both, or, as was the case yesterday, just gut it out and do five miles in the 80's around nine o'clock. Sweat was my friend. Honestly, I'm pretty shredded and I don't want to push myself too hard and get injured, so I think I'll ease up next week and do 15-20.

I would like to thank the good folks who composed the Top Gun Soundtrack that I put on my iPod for helping me get through those tough, humid miles. :-)

6 Comments:

  • Wow - that sounds crazy, good luck with that! - I can only run after 10PM here, otherwise I come home DRENCHED and my face resembles a small, sweaty tomato.

    By Blogger Anna, at 12:47 PM  

  • You rock. I am training for a half marathon here and I am jealous of your skills. OOOO and total props for the TOP GUN decision. Classic running music.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 PM  

  • You rule dude!! Nothing stops you.

    By Blogger truax, at 11:32 PM  

  • 30 miles? Hot damn, way to be.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  

  • Are you out of Kentucky yet?

    By Blogger truax, at 2:17 PM  

  • LOL, yay! Good for you for running, though! That's so fun and admirable. Sweating is always so rewarding when it comes to exercise, makes ya feel like you've done your work. Latah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home