Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It smells like DEMOCRACY in here

Teaching tools rock! I got my absentee ballot in the mail today and I plan on using it in class. My advanced students and I will discuss the pros and cons of taxing cigarettes so kids can have health care in my home state, as well as the complexities of zoning and land-use measures and whether or not Forest Grove should have three new police officers at the expense of a property tax. Then, my students will vote, and I will honor their collective choices, fill out my ballot, and mail it back. Three cheers for democracy in action!

Also, I'm kind of sick. I spend all weekend in my apartment--literally I left once, for about and hour, during the entire two days. I drank 7-Up (which Jessica thought was silly and had never heard of before...am I wrong in thinking that you're supposed to drink 7-up when you're sick?!?) and took lots of medication, so hopefully I'll get better soon. Also, the Sox made the world series and won game one, so take that Yankee fans.

Jess and I are going to go adopt a training cluster of new PCV's (believe it or not, we're the experience folks in country now), visit our old host families and head to a Halloween party before going back to my site--in should, good times over Fall Break! Hope all is well with you all

6 Comments:

  • I always drink 7-up when I am sick too.....I am not 100% sure why but that was what I was always given so even today I drink it when I am sick!

    Feel Better :)

    By Blogger Kourtney, at 6:03 AM  

  • I think 7-Up helps when you have an upset stomach (at least, I drink it whenever that happens and I tend to feel better).

    P.S. The Red Sox didn't "win" game one. They annihilated the Rockies. 13-1? How embarrassing...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

  • 7-up always works for me. i don't think you can officially get better without having one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  

  • You drink 7up, because your Mommy gave you 7up the very few times you were ever sick. I know this because I am your Mommy! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM  

  • I think the whole "drink 7-Up when you're sick" thing was started by 7-Up. Had to have been.

    By Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar, at 1:37 PM  

  • Ahaha I love it!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    By Blogger MaryAnn, at 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home