Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It was -5 this morning.

It's getting colder over here...I put on my new winter hat (the other one is often used for classroom games) this morning and it helped a lot. The cluster Jessica and I "adopted," Kozelets, and their link site, Oster, were both really awesome. Sometimes training clusters have weird dynamics...some people don't get along, the LCF/TCF is really intense, etc. However, everyone in both sites was totally great and I really hope that at least one of them gets placed in my Oblast. With all my Group 29 friends finishing their service, my Oblast is getting kind of lonely. :-( So, the visit to Boguslav, our old training site, went really well too. My old host family was really glad to see me and I missed them a lot. Plus, the town looks like it's grown a lot in the last year, and not just because of the huge 10 story apartment building across from my apartment that wasn't there when I left! Other than that, things are just coming along. In other news, the Ducks are 8-1, woohoo, go Oregon! I think I'll give extra credit to the student who writes the best "Go Ducks" fight song. Miss you all, hugs!

4 Comments:

  • Firstly, I am going to go ahead and tell you that you don't know cold. If you are just now putting on your hat to go to school, Beijing is colder.
    Secondly, there is a small gathering of Ducks in my dorms. Every Sunday they put on their yellow shirts and yell at their laptops. I've heard the fight song more in a semester in China than 3 years in Oregon.
    Thirdly, if you send me your address, I'll send you China love, deal?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:32 AM  

  • This is probably not the best time to tell you that we have not even had a good Freeze (that would be oh say 30 - 32 degrees) here in FG and Dad's tomatoes are still turning red and I've haven't even got the winter coat out yet. Oh and on another note - lets not forget those Beavers - Kay? Love Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 PM  

  • hey dude...im going mahaffey hunting tomorrow. linfield is dedicated to you! i want you back t-mac!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 AM  

  • read it..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home