Cliff Gardner

Friday, December 07, 2007

Ben Franklin in kind of a sleazebag

Television Shows! So, one of the best parts about the Peace Corps Ukraine community is that we're really good share..ers. Whenever 2 or more PCV's get together, we bring books and DVD's to loan/trade. Shows or movies that I hadn't ever had the time to check out back home are now great, if only because they're NEW. I have a pretty extensive movie collection by PCV standards (thanks to my wonderful parents who continually send me packages!!!), but even then, I've still seen every movie and television episode I have roughly 4,569 times. Also, the upside of my friends in Group 29 ending their service is that I get to take all their stuff they can't afford to take home with them...I felt like a pirate, but a pirate rich in new books/DVD's.

This has obviously forced me to diversify my viewing habits and I've gotten to watch shows that would be good even if they're the first non-Sorkin show I've seen in the last two months. Among them are House (AMAZING, even though I've only seen/been able to get ahold of 4 episodes! I should have listened to the dozen people I know who had tried to sell me on this show before I left), Entourage (hilarious, Jeremy Piven rocks!) and Weeds (Mary-Louise Parker can sell me anything). I've also watched a few seasons of South Park and Simpson's which are a few years old but were new to me....like the third season of the office, which my awesome parents just sent me!

3 Comments:

  • Maybe we could go out for a beer sometime and you could tell me -- how you do that to another dude.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 4:15 PM  

  • I love House... the lead in that show is amazing!! I was so shocked when I heard him in an interview one time and this thick brit accent came out of his mouth!! Hope you get to see more :)

    By Blogger Kourtney, at 2:11 PM  

  • Speaking of fantastic tv...i bought all 9 seasons of The X-Files that I will be hitting up sometime soon.

    Miss you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home