Cliff Gardner

Monday, October 31, 2005

Staples? Yea, I've got that.

I went back to doctor today and they removed the "death" mole from my back. Just to "be safe," they also removed the skin around it, too. I buy the need to remove a potentially lethal piece of skin, by why remove the healthy part? I mean, it wasn't doing anything wrong...just being skin, and then BAM! In a Petri dish being fed-exed to another bone man. Anyway, to finish the job, they sutured my skin back together with something that looked suspiciously like a stapler. For what it's worth, it didn't hurt, at least for several hours.

Last weekend, my students did really well at the Lewis-Clark State College tournament! They're really just a great group to be around. Case in point--since today is Halloween, we dressed up in costumes for the final day of the tournament. Kahali was a cowgirl, Jared was a pirate, Sam and I were three-hole-punch Sam and Thomas (from "The Office") and Josh and Tiffanie were mimes (complete with makeup). We had a blast!

3 Comments:

  • the last part sounds fun! Not the first part so much though. I hope your poor skin heals quickly!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

  • Staples are the latest thing! Cool as all coolness. They got rid of the "healthy" skin because if God forbid, the mole was malignant, getting rid of the surrounding tissue assures that it hasnt spread to neighboring cells.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:04 PM  

  • You had me worried about the "death mole"! But at the same time, it's perfectly normal to have it removed. (I'm a bio major, remember?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home