Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'll see your Kwanza and raise you New Year's Eve!

Tonight was the Pacific speech and debate holiday party and predictably, it kicked ass. It was at Sam's house. Normally when someone is feeding a large group of people, you expect them to just go to Costco and get a veggie tray and some chips, but Sam went all out, feeding us steak, rice, salad, mashed potatoes, rolls, ice cream and brownies. I felt like stapling the steak to my thighs because that's where it's going, but it was still really yummy!

Then we had a gift exchange, Yankee swap style. My gift was season one of "The Simple Life," and Bethany enjoyed it thoroughly. I walked away with a nice set of speech-related things from Mark, including a three-hole punch. Booya!

Finally, we played poker for a while. I started off with $5.00 and on three of the first five hands, I almost doubled my money (I was DELT a royal flush, picked up a straight flush on the river and caught a fourth eight on the turn), walking away with $9.40, a personal best. Anyway, it was a great evening. I've said it before and I'll say it again--I love my team!

2 Comments:

  • Boy that sure beats the LC version of the gift exchange where it suddenly became a race to see who could present the most offensive or personally insulting gift possible! Do you feel the love? That, my friend, is why after years of tradition, we switched to harmless white elephant.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 PM  

  • And your team loves you...which is why the T-Mac Fan Club is strategizing to sabotage your law school application process.
    I'm glad that you and your big bootie enjoyed the steak!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home