Cliff Gardner

Friday, December 09, 2005

The religion of all religions

Here's the thing...I'm consider myself Christian but I have a really hard time with a lot of other Christians. I hate the fact that many people use the Bible for hateful political purposes instead of reaching for the better overarching message of love. To be clear, I'm not saying that all Christians are bad or that there aren't denominations out there that are tolerant and kind. All I'm saying is that many Christian zealots use the Word as a justification to persecute homosexuals, women and people of other faiths and for me that is very frustrating.

Enter the Baha'i faith. It addresses almost all of the problems I have with certain branches of Christianity and preaches a message of tolerance and love for all other religions. My friend Briana and I have started a blog where I ask lots of questions about it and other Bahai's answer them. Feel free to ask questions too. At this point I’m just trying to get as much information about it as possible.

4 Comments:

  • well that sound utopia-like. I'm going to check it out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 PM  

  • well that sounds utopia-like, I;m gunna check it out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 PM  

  • Great idea, Tom.

    Solid questions.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 PM  

  • Hey Tom, if you want more info about the Baha'i faith you can always ask me or my mom. My mom does not practice anymore, but she used to. I have gone to a few Baha'i meetings and talked to a lot of them/ read a few books that they gave me at the end of the summer. If you want to read them you are always welcome to barrow them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home