Cliff Gardner

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Well, I can't fault their logic

Mandy and I were up and moving at the ungodly hour of 8:00 am yesterday to run some errands. Our exhaustion made us both wonder how the hell we got up so early for all those years in high school. Anyway, Mandy wants a Blackberry for Christmas so we went to the mall to price them. When we got there, two things surprised us. First, nothing in the mall opens until at least 10:00 am—sometimes capitalism just lets me down. Secondly, there were a bunch of people just walking around, exorcising! Some had sweatpants on, others wore headphones and listened to iPods and one woman in her mid-fifties had a really awesome set of ankle weights. While I found the whole notion of working out in a mall entertaining, but I must admit, it makes a lot of sense; the mall is warm, dry and big, and by the time you’re done, the food court will be open and you can get yourself an nice cold drink from Orange Julius!

7 Comments:

  • Dude, you may want to hold off on the Blackberry. Their parent company is getting sued for all kinds of copyright infringement, and might be facing the prospect of being forced to close down.
    http://tinyurl.com/8x5mz

    By Blogger Matt, at 6:31 PM  

  • Yeah. The old ladies exercising in mall things has been happening for awhile. Don't YOU need to hang out with old people more...

    RYC: I have a weakness for cheesy action pics. A.F. is no Capote...but things do explode.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

  • Ditto Matt up there on the Blackberry. It's constant headlines in the geek sections lately. And on the elderly people/mall thing, I still don't get it. Washington Square is the one closest to where I live, and it's always packed. I hate it. I listened to my iPod just to drown out the noise and the Christmas muzak.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

  • This seems like something that should be more common knowledge and less shocking. I mean, who hasn't seen old people jogging in a mall? Maybe it is just because I used to work in one...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 AM  

  • There is two malls close to David and I - maybe we should check out the work out opportunity we are missing...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM  

  • FYI for everyone. I don't want a blackberry, Thomas was mistaken. But I still love him :)

    What I do want is a palm pilot that has WiFi internet access capabilities.

    --Mandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • HAHA! That's funny! The only reason I know is bcz I worked at the buckle a few summers ago! LOL!

    I probably won't resort to working out at the mall till I'm 60, but it really is brilliant and FREE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home