Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tale as old as time

I was at Blockbuster today renting “The Weather Man” when something fairly entertaining happened. There was a man in line in front of me who looked exactly like Gaston from “Beauty and the Beast,” only with much more leather and angst about him. I believe he was renting “Domino.” Anyway, after he had paid, he started to pick up the DVD and walk around the counter, but the clerk had a hold of it and between the two of them, they dropped it on the floor during their impromptu struggle.

The funny part was that when they dropped it, Gaston let out a high pitched shriek and yelped, “my God, what have I done?” It was as if he had dropped the baby Jesus in a well. I couldn’t help but chuckle a little at this big burly man getting that upset over something this trivial, but hey, *spoiler alert!* at least he didn’t lose his girl to a 400 pound human/animal creature and then impale himself on a castle rooftop.

10 Comments:

  • ha ha ha, it's really funny that you remember the details of gaston's death in the movie.

    i'm pretty sure i once knew someone that my friends and i nicknamed gaston, but i have no idea who it was now.... don't remember which friends or which part of my life (OR, AZ or MEX?)

    i think i'm gettin' that alzh...

    wait, who are you??!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 6:25 PM  

  • If I had to be a Beauty and The Beast character (I wouldn't want to be Belle, there is just so much wrong with that character) I would really like to be either the feather duster (although getting felt up but the candle stick every few scenes doesn't sound so appealing) or the chest of drawers that dresses Belle in that really beautiful gown. I think you would be the clock. I think Sam might be Belle's father, and Ashley is totaly the librarian guy. he he

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 8:06 PM  

  • It was as if he had dropped the baby Jesus in a well. Funniest thing I have read this year. Well done.

    By Blogger Zayne, at 10:30 PM  

  • HAHAHAHA that's really funny. Tell me if weather man is good. I haven't seen it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

  • T-Mac is the hilariousest person!
    Oh, and I don't think I'd be Belle's father. I'd be the lion, because in the wild there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, "Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me and I'm dead." Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 8:23 AM  

  • instead of the weather man you should watch The Weather Underground. It's about the revolutionary Weathermen (named after a Bob Dylan song) of the 60's.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 12:24 PM  

  • I would have started singing, or at the very least humming, the "Gaston" song:

    . . . no one spits like Gaston, has big tits like Gaston. Wait that's wrong. What are the words again?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • it didn't let me type my name. sniff. that was me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • you make me smile :oP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 PM  

  • Man, I Love Disney Movies. The villians are wonderful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home