Cliff Gardner

Monday, February 20, 2006

Just call me Lloyd Dobler

Tonight I bought “Say Anything” and watched the commentary tra—what? Speak up, Ashley! OH, I see, you think I’m trying too hard again to be the “sensitive guy.” Well, I don’t agree. One might think that given my recent romantic history I would crawl into an emotional cave and stay there until an earthquake shattered the walls and left me to fend for myself against hungry crocodiles. BUT NO!

In spite of everything, I refuse to compromise who I am or lose faith that somewhere out there, a woman is waiting for someone who will give her roses for no apparent reason, name a star after her on their anniversary, fill up entire books of flashcards with reasons why he loves her when they’re apart, attend to her every emotional and physical need and want to snuggle lots. I’m not trying to be sensitive, it is just who I am, and I’m pretty sure that Mandy would agree with that. Plus, "Say Anything" is just a rad movie, so there.

3 Comments:

  • Dear Lloyd Dobler:

    Even though you are an underachiever, you are pretty much the coolest guy I know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM  

  • haha, good post. i watched the commentary too. :)

    and for the record, i don't think you're trying too hard to BE the sensitive guy, you're just trying to hard to LOOK like it... which doesn't make sense because usually people try too hard to look like things that they are not.

    and i agree, don't compromise or lose hope.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 9:19 AM  

  • Thats an awesome story. My sister was the 8th grade city spelling bee champ, she threw her 4th word at state (which was in Missoula) so she could make it back to school for a maccaroni and cheese party...... She's a killer, a stone face killer.

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home