Cliff Gardner

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Running against the wind

Today I went for a fairly intense run to continue my training for the race that Zayne, Hadley and I are running next weekend. I ran my usual 2.2 mile loop, but stopped off at a local middle school and ran another mile and a half around a track, then decided to run up and down watercrest (for those of you not from Fo Gro, it's basically a really steep hill that's a mile long). So, roughly six miles in all.

When I'm running relatively long distances, I eventually get in a groove where I don't feel anything and it's like I'm gliding--it kicks a lot of ass and feels awesome. For me, especially when the weather was as nice as it was today, running is a fairly spiritual experience. However, today, just when the endorphins and adrenaline were kicking in and I was really getting in to the aforementioned groove, I noticed the plastic bag from "American Beauty" caught in a gust of wind in front of me and I couldn't help but chuckle a little. Well, I would have chuckled if I wasn't on the tail end of a six mile run, but still, how appropriate.

9 Comments:

  • You're so athletic...and a big winner at poker...what aren't you good at?

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 4:28 PM  

  • Good grief! That's hella long run! I must say I'm jealous...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

  • This made me want to run... Then I reminded myself that I hate running. It was THAT inspirational though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:49 PM  

  • Really? THE plastic bag? Did you get its autograph?

    :)

    By Blogger SDeGroot, at 6:00 PM  

  • Six miles?? Psh. Guys always exaggerate.

    I'm told.

    By Blogger haylie, at 6:32 PM  

  • yeah it made me want to run too.

    i used to love running before i became obese and then prone to health risks.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:36 PM  

  • i like yours, too! mutual blog lovin'!! =)

    By Blogger rath, at 4:40 AM  

  • wow...6 miles...ur intense dude!!! well done

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  

  • That's great Tom. I feel the same way after a long run. But seriously, take it easy this week.

    I'm mostly lecturing you like this so that I don't go for long runs after today either...

    Next weekend will be great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home