Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I should thank the Barely Legal boys

I’ve decided that I probably won’t be going to law school next year. My reason for this is simple: at this point, I’m not sure I want to be a lawyer, and not knowing what you want to do with your life is, in my opinion, the worst reason ever to go to law school. I suppose I might end up there eventually, but my fear is that if I go to one of the schools I’ve been accepted by, I would end up working in some Joe Versus the Volcano job that would suck the life out of me. Thanks to all of the people who helped me through the application process, particularly Andrea Saenz, who is an absolute rockstar.

If you’re wondering what I’ll be doing instead of law school next year, uh…me too. I should know more in a week or so.

6 Comments:

  • I did the same thing... except that I actually had my schedule and financial aid before I finally allowed myself to admit that I was only going to grad school because that was the next step and not necessarily what I wanted. I'm proud of you. I'm also sorry that I haven't called. This weekend is going to be busy but I will try to call tomorrow. I hope all is well—I do want to get together soon.

    much love tom!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 PM  

  • I have a great suggestion for next school year. It involves many hours, mid- to low-quality food, van trips, low wages, and lots of appreciation. Oh, and I'll let you win in racquetball, too.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 1:01 PM  

  • Life does crazy things to a person. I know that in the end, everything will work out! I have faith in you T-Mac!

    By Blogger truax, at 1:16 PM  

  • you are in the rare position of probably succeeding at whatever you do, so yeah! you should look forward to whatever!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 2:07 PM  

  • I am praying that God will guide you to where He wants you to be. That is ultimately the best place in the world for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 AM  

  • Best of luck to you Thomas, whatever you do. I'm glad you were able to do some honest self-examination.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home