Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

May I have your attention please?!

When I was in Florida, David, Kristen and I went shopping for a clever FSU shirt for me (I settled on an "FSU Dad" shirt). While we were in a store, the emergency broadcast system was activated on all the televisions. Then, the most amazing thing happened: everyone stopped what they were doing and walked closer to the TV’s, listening intently to the announcement/warning. That's probably the biggest difference between Florida and Oregon. See, back in Fo Gro, no one really pays attention to the rare emergency broadcast announcements, assuming they’re just a test and complaining loudly that "Cooking with the Stars" just got interrupted.

5 Comments:

  • Aah, Florida. I'm ready to go back. I will add "attentive citizens" to my list of cool things about Florida, which includes the beach, the ocean, the sun, and the tolls.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 11:48 AM  

  • The reason they have to pay such close attention is because it might be warning about yet another hurricane to hit them. God that would suck to live in that kind of a region. All emergency broadcast all the time.

    By Blogger truax, at 1:19 PM  

  • Look, Celebrity Cooking Showdown was quality TV, ok?

    Just kidding! I was watching American Idol like the rest of the planet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 PM  

  • I think I found the best FSU gear. Second-hand, old man sweater. Sorry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 PM  

  • Yeah, I think the threat of a hurricane in Forest Grove, OR, is just a tiny bit smaller than the threat of a hurricane in Florida...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home