Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Roll out!

This morning my dad and I went to get Yucca DEQ certified. I will say this: driving with my dad is a terrifying experience. AT MOST, he has one hand on the wheel, traffic laws are routinely and leisurely ignored, and he is never within ten miles of the speed limit, from the 85 on the highway to the 15 in residential areas. Now you all know where I get it from.

You’ll all be happy to know that Yucca passed her DEQ inspection with flying colors, although I’m sure some of you find it ironic that a car I named after a place to dump nuclear waste turned out to be environmentally friendly.

Oh, and it turns out that the little d surrounded by a big O on my dashboard represents a new and much more efficient gear that I have been ignoring since I have been a car owner called “overdrive.” I’m told Yucca will get much better gas mileage if I use this magical gear, so now I have no excuse to not take a road trip this summer to see some friends!

8 Comments:

  • YES!! jess and i are planning a grand excursion, we must discuss

    By Blogger Ashley, at 12:07 PM  

  • So, you're terrified when you are a passenger and your dad drives, eh?

    Now you know how our students feel when you drive.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 12:58 PM  

  • It looks like the Pacific Drivers training needs to include "d surrounded by a big O" on the vocab part of the drivers test.

    Reason 72 to be scared while T-Mac is behind the wheel.

    By Blogger truax, at 2:12 PM  

  • "leisurely and routinely"


    very nice, mccloskey-san.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 PM  

  • I think that it goes without saying that you may never learn to drive a manual :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

  • I was unaware you were also a columnist...oh the things we all have in common!!! Well Happy NCD anyway!

    By Blogger nerdyastronomer, at 10:13 PM  

  • Hey!! You think that Chassie can make it to Mexico? Its only like four hours from My dads house.

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 7:04 PM  

  • congrats.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home