Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Some people need to wake the hell up

Why do people settle for less in relationships? Everyone knows someone who is dating a complete asshole. I once knew this kid who treated his girlfriend like garbage. He was immature, stupid, greedy, selfish and not really fun to be around. The only way he existed was by making people around him, usually his girlfriend, feel small. Plus, he was really unattractive. Yet, the last I heard, they were still together. His girlfriend, a really sweet girl who clearly lacked good decision making skills continued to stick with him…for YEARS. Why didn’t she get that she could do MUCH BETTER?

I’m pretty sure I’m plagiarizing this from a Sports Night episode, but I will say this: I can understand why a person would choose a bad person over nothing...well not really, but still, what I can't understand is why someone would think they have nothing to begin with. Wake up, folks!

3 Comments:

  • Anger, Will Robinson!

    What motivated this uncharacteristically angry post?

    By Blogger haylie, at 12:53 PM  

  • Don't settle for less than you are worth. Some people just don't get it. We need to send you out on tour to help them understand what they can do to help yourself.

    A persuasion on self-help...

    By Blogger truax, at 1:34 PM  

  • Are you still obsessed with Pam from The Office? If I have to hear one more time from you how she's so awesome, and how Roy is such a tool, and how she can't see that Jim is the one, I'm going to pull out my shiv and go a li'l crazy.

    It's just a TV show.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home