Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

That Would Rock: Volume Nine

A CG series like this never really dies, it just goes away for a long time and shows up again like it never left…just like daddy. Anyway, I’m writing this entry while my oven is pre-heating so I can cook a delicious Totino’s Pizza for lunch. Wouldn’t it be great if electrical appliances could sense and respond to my mood? For instance, if I were REALLY hungry, the oven would pre-heat to 450 degrees in 10 seconds! If I were in a hurry, impatiently pushing the elevator button would make it come faster and escalators would resemble the Matterhorn ride at Disneyland!

I’m just saying, THAT WOULD ROCK!

8 Comments:

  • At the opening of the Matterhorn Bobsled ride at Disneyland, Walt Disney announced that the mountain was an exact, 1/100th scale replica of the actual Matterhorn mountain. A reporter asked him, "So then why is there a big hole in the side?" noting where the people mover went through. Walt Disney wryly replied, "Because its a Swiss mountain."

    By Blogger Darryl, at 1:13 PM  

  • Relax, Tanto. Everything happens in step with how it should. No stress.

    It would be cool though, think of all that time that was wasted, now could be used for watching West Wing or doing speech prep.

    By Blogger truax, at 1:32 PM  

  • "when will they develop button technology that will understand urgency?!"

    harold is way ahead of you, my brother.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 2:10 PM  

  • I'm a big fan of the Totinos pizzas. Only $0.98 at Safeway for 1 1/2 to 2 meals a day? Not bad. Not bad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

  • That WOULD rock - I concur.

    Like if my printer would sense that hate it when it is slow.

    Or like my dog would sense that I hate it, and would run away. Wait, could this apply to animals, too?

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 5:23 PM  

  • I also wish that plastic wrapping on CD's would come off quickly. PS I think we should watch a 'Hellraiser' marathon. Those movie scared the hell out of me when I was a kid... I wonder if I will still be scared.

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 1:25 AM  

  • tom, you are fat and lazy...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:05 AM  

  • The problem is that they would respond to what they thought was your mood -- so, if you are in a hurry to get stuff done and are planning to load the dishwasher while the oven heats, you wouldn't have time for the dishwasher...

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home