Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Top five things to do when you can’t sleep

5) Make your first post over at “Ongoing Onslaught.”

4) Be annoyed that you can’t run because of the blister on your foot. Ouch.

3) Laugh at Pillow Pants. If you haven’t seen Clerks 2, go see it. RIGHT NOW!

2) Make a list of all the books you’ve read this summer. So far I’ve chipped away at three books on Ukraine, a book about the Portland Trailblazers, the collected works of short story genius Ron Carlson and most of Moneyball. Books are hot.

1) Teach yourself a few more letters in the Cyrillic alphabet. When I first saw the alphabet of Ukraine, I said “those aren’t letters! You made up letters! You can’t do that!” Well, it turns out that they can do that. Oh well! Or, as they say in Ukraine, “it’s really cold, close the door and get in here!”

7 Comments:

  • have a party dude

    By Blogger Nick (ace2), at 9:35 AM  

  • Think about how lucky you are to be awake when it is cool and you're not sweating like a whore in church (reference previous blog).

    By Blogger truax, at 11:14 AM  

  • I totally saw Clerks II twice in it's opening weekend. Pehaps the one quote from that movie that will stay with me forever: "We studied criminology! Criminology, for Christ's sake! What, were we studying to be fucking Batman?"

    Good to see that you liked it.It WAS pretty sweet.

    By Blogger Cptn. Backfire, at 2:36 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 10:33 PM  

  • I understand the Mike's hard lem has a cooling effect. And for you, it will only take about two until you don't care about the heat. Enjoy!

    (Technodork alert - I deleted the previous comment - not some stalker who said something mean and later regretted it. I just goofed up. Nobody hates you. You're a good person.)

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 10:36 PM  

  • My favorite thing to do with the cyrillic alphabet is to spell out american/english curse words.

    That got me: Sloot instead of slut though...

    I'm still learning.

    Actually - I'm not - but my friend Amelia is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM  

  • Yeah, apparently you can curse in paragraphs in Russian and Ukrainian. Imagine not being limited to just few words strung together!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home