Cliff Gardner

Monday, December 25, 2006

Grind it out time!

Josh Lyman once said, "this isn't a campaign! This isn't airplanes and hotels and 'guess where I am now, mom!' This is GRIND IT OUT TIME! It's three yards and a cloud of dust!" Yes, you guessed it, I am now officially a Peace Corps Volunteer! I was sworn in at a ceremony in Kyiv on Thursday by the U.S. Ambassador and now I'm in Ochakiv, where I will be living, working, swimming, fishing, teaching, laughing, juggling and rocking it all day and night for the next two years. I miss my cluster a lot--they really are some of my best friends ever and it's tough not having all of them to talk to. Still, I'll make it.

OH, and it turns out that I'm smarter than I thought. I got "intermediate mid" on my big language test, which puts me right in the middle of the curve. It turns out that I'm learning Rusian faster than I thought I was, so go me. Oh hey, did you all know that it's Christmas? I had no idea because there are no lights, trees or Santa's to be found over here. Oh well. My host family got my a little tree and a snow globe, so I still feel loved and am getting just enough Christmas spirit to get by! I love you all and miss you a ton! Hugs to Elizabeth Hobbs, Kourtney (again), my dad and my aunt Laurene for the awesome letters! I'm getting a P.O. Box in Ochakiv for mail soon so I'll keep you all posted on how best to send me stuff! HUGS!

8 Comments:

  • Merry Christmas! CONGRATS!! You are amazing! I can't wait to get updates on how you are doing with your new teaching gig.

    Best!! Miss you tons!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

  • Yay! for you! I am so proud of you, especially on your language test. Some people are just born with it. Have a fabulous Christmas and I'm thinking of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

  • Good for you! I'm sure your experience will be rewarding in ways I can't even fathom!

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 5:14 PM  

  • Happy Holidays, Tom.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 PM  

  • You're going to fish and juggle? I'd like to see that.
    If you catch some fish, will you send them to me? I'd like to give them out for the Tizzle McXizzle award at our college tournament at the end of January.

    Thanks.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 10:04 PM  

  • Congratulations, my friend! You will do amazing things! Have a very merry Christmas!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM  

  • Congratulations Thomas! In the Thomas way of saying things:

    You rock! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 PM  

  • Three?
    [b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]generic hydrocodone[/url][/b]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home