Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Adapters

Adapters were something I expected to need when I came to Ukraine. After all, it was unreasonable for me to expect that two (or even three) pronged, rectangular American electrical appliance plugs would fit into two pronged, circular outlets. When I got here, I purchased several cheap adapters for about three Griven (so, 60 cents American) and all was right with the world. However, what I didn't expect and what continues to frustrate me is that sometimes even Ukrainian appliances/plugs don't fit into Ukrainian outlets. They're both circular, but usually the appliance plug is too big. This has happened to me on three separate occasions, the first of which involving my iron, which left me looking like I had spent a 14 hour train ride sleeping in my shirt, pant and tie combo that I ended up teaching in all day. I mean, it's no biggie, especially given how cheap adapters are here, but sheesh!

2 Comments:

  • Wow - I'm impressed that you're trying to iron.
    Even with the wrinklage, I'm sure you looked hot!!

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 7:52 AM  

  • I bought this $15 150 country adapter and it is amazing. one piece, worked in China, worked in Argentina...Good stuff.

    By Blogger T-Funny, at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home