Cliff Gardner

Friday, March 09, 2007

You know that scene in Rocky III?

I went for my first run in four months today and although it was painful, the fact that I was running on a beach (think Sly Stallone in Rocky III) while listening to "Eye of the Tiger" certainly helped. Also, I got stared at quite a bit, but I think that had as much to do with my FSU Film School hat as it did with me running. It's getting hotter--about 55 degrees today--and Ochakiv is just gorgeous! I've just started to realized that there might be a bigger problem for me down here than it being too cold--it could get too hot, and without an air conditioner it could get pretty bad. Still, I don't think I get to complain about my resort town being too hot! Today is International Women's Day (meaning we don't have school), so I gave my coordinator and all the other women of the English department at school some chocolate and one of the cards my mom made and sent me, and they all went over really well. I even gave a card/candy set to my babushka, the grandma who I stayed with for a few months, and it made her day I think. Glad I could help. I love and miss you all!

3 Comments:

  • What about "...broken gla-a-a-ass"? I hope you still love that song - and it can certainly inspire fast running.
    Thanks for the letter!!!

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 10:15 AM  

  • There is an International Women's Day there? That's so cool! And it was really sweet of you to give your babushka a gift! You Rock!! I'm glad that you are having so much fun!!

    By Blogger Megan, at 10:27 PM  

  • OK a) there's an International Women's Day (as megan asked)? and b) Ukraine takes the day off of school to observe said holiday?! That's sweet! Ukraine rocks.

    Jesse

    By Blogger Jesse Jenkins, at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home