Cliff Gardner

Monday, March 05, 2007

Don't flush groceries

A few nights ago my land lady came over and explained that she was collecting three Griven (Ukrainian money) from everyone in the building to fix the plumping. Apparantly there had been some problems, and I was asked to not flush potatoes and/or maceroni that I don't want down the toilet and instead put them in the garbage like everyone else. I was A) entertained and B) slightly defensive as I explained that although I would be happy to pitch in my three griven, I NEVER flush groceries. Hahahaaa...that's a first. It's worth mentioning that the entire conversation took place in Russian, so I guess my language skillz are coming along.

I came to two realizations yesterday. First, I haven't eaten a vegetable in almost two months. Ooops. Second, I have never been happier than I am right now. I work in an exciting and challenging job that I love, I have really great friends, and my emotional, physical and mental health is tip-top. Basically, what I'm saying is this--life is good. Life is very, very good. :-)

6 Comments:

  • What are you eating every day if not veggies? How is that possible? Are you trying not to? Why aren't you flushing your groceries? I wouldn't last one meal in China without eating veggies. You fill me with questions.

    By Blogger T-Funny, at 7:25 AM  

  • If she thinks that you may be flushing macaroni down the toilet, then she has not been introduced to the deliciousness of your EZmac. Maybe you can enlighten her with a packet of powdery cheese substance.

    Hooray for the good life!

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 9:34 AM  

  • My question is who flushes food? Don't you know you can EAT that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

  • Glad to hear that everything is going well over there, and that you haven't developed strange food-flushing habits! You never know what people will do when they're away from the country for the first extended period of time...obviously you're handling it well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 PM  

  • I miss you.

    Eat your vegetables.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:49 PM  

  • Great to hear you are happy and having a blast Tom! You rock.

    So, do you think your happiness is inversely proportional to the number of vegetables you eat in a given month?! Take care, Tom. Cheers,

    Jesse

    By Blogger Jesse Jenkins, at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home